Do you want to be a part of a seriously ambitious and vibrant team where you can have your say about how we get our job done?
Here, we do things “The Codewise Way”. This basically means that we work – and play – very differently to how everybody else does. We don’t believe in hierarchies, endless processes and cookie-cutter approaches to doing our work. What we do believe in is giving our team the freedom to be innovative and make a real difference. If this sounds like a place for you … get applying!
Senior Java Big Data Engineer
About the project
- We do streaming data ingestion and online analytics using our custom made database (written in Java). We design tests that ensure the integrity of all the processed data. We run automatic builds, deployments and performance tests with feedback from profilers. Deployments happen every day. We strive to pay technical debt on time. We automate all possible QA testing steps and update them when a new feature is developed. Developers write all unit and integration tests.
- We run on Java 14, use EC2 and S3 services. We DO NOT run on Kubernetes. Our DB manages more than 300 terabytes of data. We use libraries like RxJava, Disruptor, Agrona, Aeron, Netty, Kotlin, Spock.
About the role
- You are looking to join a small, highly intelligent team where your voice is heard. Where each of your teammates is an expert you can learn from but is also eager to learn from you. Where you can redefine processes and tools without the need to argue with architects or bureaucrats. You show mechanical sympathy to all hardware, large and small. You want to apply this knowledge at scale while processing gigabytes of data in milliseconds. You want to build something that can make an impact on the company and waiting to deploy it to production for one hour seems unacceptably long. Building software that handles hundreds of thousands of requests per second is in your comfort zone. Sounds like you? Keep reading.
- Take active part in designing architecture of the system
- Analyse requirements from (internal) client perspective while taking into consideration performance, time and cost
- Implement new services and APIs used by all products in the company
- Design and conduct experiments to improve our algorithms and overall architecture
- Ensure applications have proper end to end tests, monitoring and documentation
- Create production clusters (Terraform), deploy to production (EC2), verify deployments
- Provide support for production services (PagerDuty)
- Investigate and implement new technologies (e.g. JVM features) related to data processing, application performance, performance monitoring, infrastructure
- Ability to look at the system from the perspective of clients (other dev teams)
- Capacity for learning and investigating how things work
- Advanced programming skills in Java
- Knowledge about garbage collection
- General knowledge of the issues of cloud computing and data processing
- Good command of written and spoken English
Nice to have
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of modern web app development
- Knowledge of Linux OS architecture (basic command line tools, networking, filesystems)
Account Manager: Zeropark
About the role
- Do you consider yourself a technically minded person but with strong social skills? Are you able to handle a dynamic environment and assertive enough to handle strong characters? Does this sound like you? Zeropark is looking for someone to join its publisher team as an Account Manager.
- This role will involve working directly with multi-million dollar clients, optimising, onboarding analysing and scaling publisher feeds. Close knit cross team collaboration with all Business Teams, Compliance, Customer Success, Customer Care Team.
- Maintain and scale existing client base
- Monitoring client’s account progress - understanding clients needs, keeping track of changes and patterns on clients accounts and reacting accordingly
- Data analyzing - providing relevant data to help scaling up clients accounts, understanding clients needs and making decisions based on such data
- Establishing close relationships with the customers
- Collaborating with internal departments to meet client needs.
- Practical working knowledge of excel and basic functions.
- Analytical mindset
- Ability to work in a quickly changing environment without strictly provided guidelines
- Ability to make autonomous decisions based on data
- Experience in working with technical customers
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Project Manager or similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English B2+)
Nice to have
- Experience working with RTB traffic
- Experience working with customers in a SaaS environment
- Experience in the AdTech industry
- Degree in Business, Marketing or any other related field
About the role
- We’re looking for a Content Writer (in-house) to bolster our Zeropark Marketing team. Your main objective will be to help drive organic traffic to Zeropark product websites and blogs. You will also participate in the creation of various other assets, including case studies, event materials, email marketing, educational and community content. The role involves frequent cooperation with other team members, such as the in-house Creative Marketing team, Customer Success or Account Management.
- Writing longform content such as blogs, ebooks and case studies
- Copywriting (emails, landing pages, booklets, community content and other formats)
- Support in executing various marketing campaigns
- Close cooperation with the Content Marketing Manager and other members of the team, designers, developers
- Fluent written and spoken English (C2/Native level)
- Excellent writing and communication skills (in English)
- Flexibility in terms of writing - being able to write both crisp short copy and an absorbing longform content
- Ability to present complicated things in a simple manner
- Understanding of sales and marketing mechanisms
- Living in/willingness to move to Kraków - this is an in-house position
Nice to have
- Understanding of SEO principles
The entire company works from home at least till the end of the year 2020.
If you’re applying for one of our current openings, what else can you expect, beyond joining one of the most talented and passionate group of individuals there is? Well here’s just a few examples of the additional benefits that come with being part of the Codewise family.
Private gym with personal trainer
Showers in the office
Large friendly canteen and fully equipped kitchen (yes, we have steak pans)
Dog friendly place
Free Car Parking
Welcome gift box
Yearly family picnic
Birthdays, weddings and newborns celebrations
Easter Bunny and Santa Claus events for the kids
Training and Development:
Training budget and on-line training platforms
Sharing knowledge community (our famous Morning Papers)
Health and Sport:
NAIS (benefit platform)
On-site flu shots
Flexible working hours
No dress code