Do you want to be a part of a seriously ambitious and vibrant team where you can have your say about how we get our job done?
Here, we do things “The Codewise Way”. This basically means that we work – and play – very differently to how everybody else does. We don’t believe in hierarchies, endless processes and cookie-cutter approaches to doing our work. What we do believe in is giving our team the freedom to be innovative and make a real difference. If this sounds like a place for you … get applying!
Senior Java Big Data Engineer
About the project
- We do streaming data ingestion and online analytics using our custom made database (written in Java). We design tests that ensure the integrity of all the processed data. We run automatic builds, deployments and performance tests with feedback from profilers. Deployments happen every day. We strive to pay technical debt on time. We automate all possible QA testing steps and update them when a new feature is developed. Developers write all unit and integration tests.
- We run on Java 14, use EC2 and S3 services. We DO NOT run on Kubernetes. Our DB manages more than 300 terabytes of data. We use libraries like RxJava, Disruptor, Agrona, Aeron, Netty, Kotlin, Spock.
About the role
- You are looking to join a small, highly intelligent team where your voice is heard. Where each of your teammates is an expert you can learn from but is also eager to learn from you. Where you can redefine processes and tools without the need to argue with architects or bureaucrats. You show mechanical sympathy to all hardware, large and small. You want to apply this knowledge at scale while processing gigabytes of data in milliseconds. You want to build something that can make an impact on the company and waiting to deploy it to production for one hour seems unacceptably long. Building software that handles hundreds of thousands of requests per second is in your comfort zone. Sounds like you? Keep reading.
- Take active part in designing architecture of the system
- Analyse requirements from (internal) client perspective while taking into consideration performance, time and cost
- Implement new services and APIs used by all products in the company
- Design and conduct experiments to improve our algorithms and overall architecture
- Ensure applications have proper end to end tests, monitoring and documentation
- Create production clusters (Terraform), deploy to production (EC2), verify deployments
- Provide support for production services (PagerDuty)
- Investigate and implement new technologies (e.g. JVM features) related to data processing, application performance, performance monitoring, infrastructure
- Ability to look at the system from the perspective of clients (other dev teams)
- Capacity for learning and investigating how things work
- Advanced programming skills in Java
- Knowledge about garbage collection
- General knowledge of the issues of cloud computing and data processing
- Good command of written and spoken English
Nice to have
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of modern web app development
- Knowledge of Linux OS architecture (basic command line tools, networking, filesystems)
Software Engineer in Test
About the project
- Zeropark is an Ad Exchange and Demand Side Platform with Real Time Bidding. 4,000 active advertisers run more than 40,000 campaigns every day. It’s the key Codewise product which still has a startup nature. Product oriented mindset and problem solving attitude are the most important traits of the team members.
About the role
- As a Software Engineer in Test you will:
- Work in a product oriented environment with people who care about their craft and the quality of the product
- Collaborate with business teams and other stakeholders at Zeropark to deliver software that solves real problems of Zeropark’s customers
- Work closely with the development team to ensure a high quality product
- Have a lot of autonomy and influence over product shape
- Create and maintain automated tests for GUI and E2E scenarios, components integration and single components
- Create and maintain test infrastructure
- Be constantly expanding knowledge about the newest and popular testing libraries, tools, services and test methodologies
- Strong team player with a “can do” attitude
- Product oriented mindset
- Good problem solving skills with metrics driven attitude
- 3+ years experience with test automation
- 2+ years experience with Java or other JVM based language
- Experience or conceptual understanding of Integration Testing
- Positive attitude, people orientation and excellent communication skills
- Fluent command of developer workflow - git, CI, CD, maven, docker, Java IDE
- User level experience with Linux desktop environment
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with automated testing using Selenium Webdriver
- Good understanding of HTTP(S)
About the development process
- Zeropark utilizes a fully automated regression testing process, with continuous integration and deployment, everything in a cloud environment. Most services are dockerized for integration and E2E tests. Frontend Panel application regression tests are run multiple times a day. Deployment cycle to production is very short, a feature is deployed within a day after testing phase ends.
Supply Manager - Voluum DSP
- Taking care of the day to day ad exchanges inquiry management and communication
- Preparing reports for the ad exchanges when approached
- Communicating with ad exchange partners when raising technical/compliance queries with them
- Monitoring and preparing traffic analysis for the stakeholders (volume fluctuations, low bidding/winning activity, discrepancies) as well as flagging incidents and resolving them in cooperation with the ad exchanges
- Providing insightful reports which would improve the performance of the campaigns and flagging what is not worth buying at the same time
- Working closely with the ad exchanges in order to minimize the differences and fluctuations
- Assisting the Accounting function when Invoice discrepancies appear at the end of the month
- Assisting with the new ad exchange review and onboarding
- Endpoints optimization: investigating and cutting off filtered traffic, review of traffic with very low sellout rate
- Active reporting of the ad ex
- +2 years of experience in online advertising
- Knowledge of digital supply, SSPs/ ad exchanges, DSPs, ad servers
- MS Excel skills
- Experience in client-facing role and focus on customer need
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- High level of autonomy and self-reliance, ability to work in a loose framework
- Analytical skill
- Knowledge of SQL is a big advantage
If you don't see any openings fitting your expectations, send us your CV anyway!
In your cover letter please explain how you could help us.
If you’re applying for one of our current openings, what else can you expect, beyond joining one of the most talented and passionate group of individuals there is? Well here’s just a few examples of the additional benefits that come with being part of the Codewise family.
With a masseuse on the payroll, book yourself in for a pummelling.
All the weights, gadgets & gizmos you need for your endorphin fix + our own onsite personal trainer.
The wellbeing of our staff is paramount, so medical, life and travel cover come as standard.
An abundance of edible angiosperms, nutrition bars and chocolate available to nourish our teams.
You are what you eat. That’s why we provide our staff with box catering and delicious friday breakfasts.
Don't let the 9-5 give you posture problems. Optional standing desks set your spine free.
Whether it’s board games, a PS4, table football, billiards, or ping pong, our games room has you covered.
Codewise cares for your full wellbeing. Take time out to refresh your mind, body & spirit at our on site yoga and stretching classes.