Do you want to be a part of a seriously ambitious and vibrant team where you can have your say about how we get our job done?
Here, we do things “The Codewise Way”. This basically means that we work – and play – very differently to how everybody else does. We don’t believe in hierarchies, endless processes and cookie-cutter approaches to doing our work. What we do believe in is giving our team the freedom to be innovative and make a real difference. If this sounds like a place for you … get applying!
Software Engineer - Frontend
- We’re looking for an intrinsically motivated Frontend Engineer to help us develop major functionalities of our core products with the aim to solve significant clients’ problems. If you are passionate about practical application of modern frontend technology and want to work in an environment where you can make a real impact, this may be a perfect role for you!
- Play a major role in all parts of the software development process (discovery, design and delivery).
- Make tech and product related decisions with the aim to solve clients’ problems.
- Continuously improve our product to maximize the value for clients.
- Develop features for single page applications used by thousands of clients every day.
- Take part in defining architectural solutions that enable effective development of all of our applications.
- Optimize performance, fix security issues.
- Ability to make significant decisions impacting the product.
- Ability to cooperate with all stakeholders involved in the product development process.
- Familiarity with set of modern development tools for project building and dependency management (we use npm and webpack).
- Experience in writing unit tests (we use Wallaby.js, Jasmine and Karma).
- Good knowledge of templating (we use Pug / Jade and Handlebars).
- Experience in CSS organisation for large-scale development using preprocessors (we use Less).
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- Code & Pixel Perfectionist – strong attention to detail.
- Good English, both written and spoken.
- Can-do attitude.
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of TypeScript and Angular.
- Familiarity of RxJS.
- Experience in writing unit and end-to-end tests (we use Protractor).
- Experience with CI solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity or CircleCI.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
Software Engineer - Java
- As a Backend Software Engineer you will work in a product-oriented environment with people who care about their craft and the quality of the product. You will design, implement and operate high performance software for serving and analysing Internet ads. You will also collaborate with business teams and other stakeholders at Codewise to deliver software that solves real problems of Zeropark’s customers. You will take ownership of solution design, architecture, implementation and how it performs in the production environment.
- Tech you will work with:
- Operate in the AWS cloud
- EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, ElasticCache, SQS, SNS, SES, CloudFront, Route53, Lambda, ElasticSearch, CloudWatch, Athena, IAM and others
- 16 applications/microservices running Java 10
- Hard data:
- 200K Queries Per Second on average (260K at peak times)
- Bid requests processing time < 10ms
- ~180 servers in the production environment in autoscaling mode
- Pushing 6M of data points every second to our internal reporting database
- Spring/Spring Boot
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Memcached
- Netflix/Eureka based load balancing with TCP communication
- Hibernate/myBatis, Hollow, Docker
- Strong team player with “can do” attitude
- Product oriented mindset
- Good problem solving skills with metrics driven attitude
- Advanced programming skills: design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of software written in Java
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code, applying best practices and patterns
- Experience in Java 8+ Stream API
- Advanced understanding of concurrent programming
- Fluent command of developer workflow - git, CI, CD, maven and your IDE of choice
- Written/spoken English
Nice to have
- Good understanding of architecture of distributed systems, including concepts of big data and working with eventual consistency
- Practical experience with performance tuning, including understanding of file systems, GC, java memory model, low latency programming
- Good understanding of infrastructure and operational aspects (monitoring, logging, load balancing, scaling, zero downtime deployment, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Good Linux skills including practical use of tools and ability to diagnose issues
- Experience with AWS cloud
- Experience with Spring framework components
- We’re looking for a Content Writer (in-house) to bolster our Content Marketing Team. Your main objective will be to help drive organic traffic to Codewise product websites and blogs, focusing mostly on Zeropark. You will also participate in the creation of various other assets, including case studies, event materials, email marketing, educational and community content. The role involves a frequent cooperation with other teams within the marketing department and product marketing leads.
- Writing longform content such as blogs, ebooks and case studies
- Copywriting (emails, landing pages, booklets, community content and other formats)
- Support in executing various marketing campaigns
- Close cooperation with Zeropark Marketing Lead, designers, developers
- Fluent written and spoken English (C2/Native level)
- Excellent writing and communication skills (in English)
- Flexibility in terms of writing - being able to write both crisp short copy and an absorbing longform content
- Ability to present complicated things in a simple manner
- Understanding of sales and marketing mechanisms
- Knowledge of SEO techniques will be an asset
- Living in/willingness to move to Kraków - this is an in-house position
Customer Care Specialist (Entry level)
- As a Customer Care Specialist, you will review our Clients’ campaigns, make decisions based on our demand partners guidelines and resolve their ad-hoc queries related to the campaign approval process.
- This position would be ideal for a person with good communication skills and ability to work as a team member.
- To enable an effective service, you would have to be able to work on both day and night shifts, as well as during weekends.
- Additionally, you will take responsibility for our Sales Chat and serve as the 1st line of support for our Customers.
- Approval of Codewise Clients’ campaigns in line with supply partners’ requirements
- Handling 1st line support tickets
- Responding to Customer queries via our Sales Chat
- Ideally at least 1 year of professional experience
- Good knowledge of Excel and GSuite (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Fluent written and spoken English (minimum C1 level)
- Analytical mindset and strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle repetitive tasks
- Ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision
Intern in Business Intelligence Team
- We are looking for an Intern who will be active member of our Business Intelligence Team. This position would be ideal for students IV, V year or young graduates of econometrics , finance etc. This is paid internship that requires availability for at least 35-40h per week.
- collecting data from various analytical/BI systems
- preparing data for further analysis
- preparing simple analysis and visualizations in Excel and BI visualization tools e.g. Datastudio
- identifying and participating in continuous improvement initiatives
- students of IV, V year or University graduate up to 6 months after graduation
- fluent oral and written communication skills in English (B2+)
- very good knowledge of MS Excel (knowledge of VBA would be an asset)
- strong analytical skills person
- knowledge of statistical models (seen as an asset)
- comfortable with systems and technologies
- with good interpersonal and communication skills
- available for at least 35-40h per week
Intern in Sales Team
- We are looking for an Intern who will be active member of our Sales Team. This position would be ideal both for students and young graduates. This is paid internship that requires availability for at least 20-40h per week. So if you dream of working in sales and you’re trying to figure out how to gain your first experience in talking to potential clients and helping to acquire them, we have something perfect for you! As an intern you will be actively reaching out to prospects and leads via various channels such as phone, email and Skype in order to make the first contact, qualify them and pass to the Sales Team. You will be also responsible for LinkedIn research and coordinating day-to-day activities with our Sales Team. This is an ideal opportunity for a person passionate about sales with a possibility of moving to an Inside Sales Manager role in the long run.
- Verifying leads and identifying prospects through multiple channels (phone, email, Skype) in order to pass the fitting ones to the Sales Team
- Calling prospects and engaging them for a demo call
- Reporting directly to the Sales Team Lead. Providing daily reports regarding sales activity (e.g. number of calls / emails).
- Undertaking first/second level of research towards successful call results (LinkedIn)
- Following up on leads and conducting research to identify potential prospects
- Categorizing and prioritizing the prospective leads and passing on to the Sales Team
- Coordinating daily activities with the Sales Team
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Keen interest in sales and desire to grow in this field (experience in sales is not required)
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Ability to identify and develop new sales opportunities
- Ability to quickly research a prospect’s company
- A can-do attitude, openness, and the ability to talk to different kinds of people from different countries
- Nice-to-have: Russian, German or Chinese
If you don't see any openings fitting your expectations, send us your CV anyway!
In your cover letter please explain how you could help us.
If you’re applying for one of our current openings, what else can you expect, beyond joining one of the most talented and passionate group of individuals there is? Well here’s just a few examples of the additional benefits that come with being part of the Codewise family.
With a masseuse on the payroll, book yourself in for a pummelling.
All the weights, gadgets & gizmos you need for your endorphin fix + our own onsite personal trainer.
The wellbeing of our staff is paramount, so medical, life and travel cover come as standard.
An abundance of edible angiosperms, nutrition bars and chocolate available to nourish our teams.
You are what you eat. That’s why we provide our staff with FitLab and delicious friday breakfasts.
Don't let the 9-5 give you posture problems. Optional standing desks set your spine free.
Whether it’s board games, a PS4, table football, or ping pong, our games room has you covered.
Join us as we shoot the cr*p out of each other in an exact replica of our HQ.
Aspiring Adeles, budding Biffy Clyros, or fledgling Fatboy Slims are well catered for in our full-equipped music room.
Codewise cares for your full wellbeing. Take time out to refresh your mind, body & spirit at our on site yoga classes.