Software Engineer, Backend
About the project
- Voluum is the industry-leading, analytical SaaS platform, allowing performance marketers to track, automate and optimise performance of their ad campaigns. The platform has microservices architecture and is 100% AWS hosted. The system is deployed on 5 AWS regions in order to efficiently handle hundreds of thousands requests per second from every place on earth.
About the role
- We are a small, highly intelligent team where your voice is heard. Where each of us is an expert you can learn from but also eager to learn from you. The team is cross-functional, autonomous and responsible for the system architecture and technology.
- We are agile but not dogmatically following any approach, continuous delivery is our daily bread. We care about customer happiness equally with technical craft and quality and work closely with business teams in order to maximize value for our customers.
- Our tech stack includes: Languages: Java 11+, Kotlin; Frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring Data, JOOQ; Databases: PostgreSQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis, Voluum DB - proprietary, hi-performance, time-series database; Build tools: GitHub, Jenkins, Maven; Monitoring tools: Loggly, DataDog, PagerDuty.
- Build, test and deploy new functionalities and API for our customers
- Analyze requirements, find the best tools and solutions for the problems
- Take part in designing architecture of the system
- Collaborate with business teams to provide best solutions for clients problems
- Periodically provide support for business teams
- Last but not least, take care of your personal growth - we have a training budget and a pool of training days
- Good programming skills in Java (min 2 years of experience)
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code
- Experience with testing (unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Understanding of java memory model and concurrency
- Understanding of network basics and protocols like IP, HTTP
- Experience with creating REST API
- Good written and spoken English
- Product oriented mindset
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
Nice to have
- Experience with non-relational databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with continuous delivery
- Knowledge of modern development workflow - Git, Maven, Java IDE, Spring
- Knowledge of Kotlin language