Junior / Regular Java Software Engineer
About the project
- Zeropark is the key product of Codewise, an ad-tech company based in Kraków, Poland. It allows digital marketers to advertise their products online, and website owners to monetize Internet traffic by displaying ads. And since we love the challenge, the Zeropark Team has launched its newest venture yet — the NewProgrammatic search traffic platform (we’re already working with some of the biggest brands in the marketing industry, just visit our website to learn more!).
About the role
- Working with us you will face many technical challenges and constantly develop your skills. We handle large amounts of traffic (up to 500k requests per second), run on Amazon Web Services (20+ Java-based applications), and are entirely responsible for the whole development cycle: technical design, programming, testing, deployments, and taking care of our production environment.
- We work in 2 scrum teams, 10 engineers in total — Backend, Frontend, and QA. We cooperate closely with UX designers, Content Writers, Product Owners, and other colleagues from the business side of the project.
- We’re a mature team that still thrives on its start-up nature — we move fast, we experiment a lot, we’re not afraid to fail, and we learn from mistakes. The things we value are clean code practices and code reviews, as well as helping each other and sharing knowledge.
- Designing, building, testing and maintaining our high-performance software and its AWS infrastructure
- Taking active ownership of requirements analysis
- Collaborating with business teams to deliver software that solves real customers’ problems
- Java 11+, Spring
- Unit testing
- At least 1 year of experience
- Good command of Polish and English
Nice to have
- Java concurrency and garbage collection
- Design patterns
- Understanding of basic distributed systems concepts