TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE GeeCON 2022 CONTEST
Organized by CentralNic Poland Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its registered office in Krakow
- The Contest is not a game of chance, in particular, it is not a raffle, a promotional lottery or a mutual bet within the meaning of the Gambling Act of 19 November 2009 (Journal of Laws No. 201, item 1540, as amended).
- The Contest is conducted in compliance with the rules on the protection of personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 10 May 2018 on the Protection of Personal Data and taking into account the provisions of the Regulation (EU) 2016/697 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter referred to as also as: "the GDPR".
- The Contest is organized by CentralNic Poland sp. z o.o., with a registered office at ul. Lubicz 17G, 31-503 Kraków, Poland incorporated under the laws of Poland and registered in the companies register of the National Court Register held by District Court Krakow – Srodmiescie in Cracow XI Commercial Division (Sąd Rejonowy dla Krakowa – Śródmieścia w Krakowie XI Wydział Gospodarczy) under (KRS) no. 0000830352, having EU VAT ID: PL5272922087 and the share capital in the amount of 5 000 PLN, also referred to as: "the Organizer", "CentralNic Poland" or "the Controller".
- The Contest will be held by the Organizer during the event “GeeCON 2022” for the duration of 3 days, starting on 11.05.2022 and ending on 13.05.2022.
- The Contest will be held by the Organizer on the terms set out in these Terms & Conditions. Supervision over the correctness of the course of the Contest, as well as collection and keeping of the Contest’s documentation, is maintained by CentralNic Poland.
- Terms & Conditions are available at the Organizer's website https://codewise.com/geecon2022-contest-terms-and-conditions and at the Organizer’s stand throughout the Time of the Contest.
- The Contest is not related to promotional campaigns and other competitions organized by the Organizer.
- The number of Participants in the Contest is unlimited.
- Participation in the Contest is voluntary and free.
- Glossary of terms:
- Time of the Contest - the period from 11.05.2022 to 13.05.2022, closely related to the event “GeeCON 2022”.
- The Contest Commission - a body which represents the Organizer in matters concerning conducting the Contest, supervising the proper course of the Contest and Prizes’ awarding during the Time of the Contest in the personal composition specified in these Terms & Conditions,
- Prize - one of the prizes specified in Section 5 point 1 of these Terms & Conditions,
- Terms & Conditions – Terms & Conditions stated herein,
- Participant - shall mean a person qualified to the Contest by the Organizer, after fulfilling the conditions set out in these Terms & Conditions, in particular in Sections 3 and 4 of these Terms & Conditions and not excluded from the Contest before its completion,
- Application - Participant's declaration of entry to the Contest, as defined in Section 4 of these Terms & Conditions,
- Winner - a Participant that acquires the right to the Prize pursuant to these Terms & Conditions
- Quiz - computer science and software knowledge which will be available at the Organizer’s stand on each day of the event (11-13 May 2022) from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
The Purpose of the Contest
The purpose of the Contest is to promote CentralNic Poland and the services provided by CentralNic Poland.
Participants of the Contest
- The Participant of the Contest, subject to the further provisions of this Section, may only be an individual who is at least 18 years old with full legal capacity residing in the territory of the Republic of Poland.
- Participation in the Contest is voluntary. By submitting an Application to the Contest, the Participant expresses willingness to participate in the Contest and accepts these Terms & Conditions. The withdrawal of consent to participate in the Contest causes the exclusion of the participant from the Contest. The Participant may withdraw his consent at any time.
- The Participants may also agree to the processing of their personal data for the purposes of conducting future recruitment processes for a period of 3 (three) years by CentralNic Poland and the image of the Participant (photo, video, voice) inter alia on the website codewise.com and on social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- The Participant can submit only 1 (one) Application to the Contest per day.
- CentralNic Poland employees, members of CentralNic Poland employees’ families (up to the third degree of consanguinity), as well as persons providing services for CentralNic Poland on the basis of the civil law contracts, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- To participate in the Contest, the Participant is obliged to:
- To participate in the Contest, the Participant is obliged to submit an Application and fill the form with personal data.
- The quiz will consist of 7 closed questions previously prepared by the Organizer with only one correct answer. A different set of 7 questions will be available each day of the Geecon 2022.
- The Participant has 10 (ten) minutes to answer all questions. The response time of each participant will be measured by the quiz tool prepared by the Organizer. After this time the Participant will be able to continue with the quiz but will no longer be entitled to the Prize. The time needed to complete the form with personal data does not count towards the 10 minutes.
- The Application will also include a form with personal information such as First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Phone Number.
- Confirm this Application by signing the below statements:
- I agree to the processing of my personal data for the purpose of conducting the Contest by CentralNic Poland Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its registered office in Krakow at 17G Lubicz Street, 31-503 Krakow, Poland. The above statement of consent is voluntary but necessary to enter the Contest.
- I declare that I have read, understood and accept the Terms & Conditions of the Contest made available to me by CentralNic Poland Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its registered office in Krakow at 17G Lubicz Street, 31-503 Krakow, Poland. The above statement of consent is voluntary but necessary to enter the Contest.
- I agree to the processing of my personal data in order to conduct the future recruitment processes for a period of 3 (three) years by CentralNic Poland Sp. z o.o. with its registered office at Lubicz 17G, 31-503 Kraków, Poland. You can learn more here
- Failure to comply with any of the formalities referred to in point 1 above causes that the Participant's Application will not be qualified for the Contest.
The Prize and the rules of its awarding
- The Prizes in the Contest are the sets with Codewise branded gadgets including Kubota flip-flops with Codewise brand. 10 prizes will be awarded each day. The total prize pool is 30 sets of gadgets.
- The Participant is entitled to the Prize if the Participant is one of the first ten Participants on a given day of the Contest who answered correctly all 7 closed questions within a given period of time (10 minutes from the start of the quiz). The response time of each participant will be measured by the quiz tool prepared by the Organizer. Each Winner is awarded only one of the prizes indicated in point 1 above according to the Organizer's choice.
- The Participant who as the eleventh and next Participant on a given day of the Contest answered all 7 (seven) closed questions shall not be awarded a Prize.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash equivalent.
Protection of the Participant's personal data
- The Controller of the personal data of the Participants is CentralNic Poland sp. z o.o., with a registered office at ul. Lubicz 17G, 31-503 Kraków, Poland incorporated under the laws of Poland and registered in the companies register of the National Court Register held by District Court Krakow – Srodmiescie in Cracow XI Commercial Division (Sąd Rejonowy dla Krakowa – Śródmieścia w Krakowie XI Wydział Gospodarczy) under (KRS) no. 0000830352, having EU VAT ID: PL5272922087 and the share capital in the amount of 5 000 PLN.
- The contact details of the Controller’s Data Protection Officer are: email@example.com.
- Personal Data of Participants will be processed for the following purposes:
- as necessary to carry out the Contest, maintain contact with Participants, inform about the results and issue a prize – the legal grounds for the processing will be the consent of Participant (Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR);
- to establish or pursue claims or defend against claims – the legal grounds for the processing will be a legitimate interest of the Controller (Article 6.1(f) of the GDPR);
- to comply with Organizer’s legal obligations resulting from generally applicable regulations, including in particular the provisions of accounting and tax law (if applicable) – the legal grounds for the processing will be compliance with Controller’s legal obligation (Article 6.1(c) of the GDPR);
- to promote Organizer and services provided by the Organizer - the legal grounds for the processing will be the Participant's consent (Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR);
- to conduct the future recruitment processes for a period of 3 (three) years by CentralNic Poland - the legal grounds for the processing will be the Participant's consent (Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR).
- Personal data may be provided to trusted parties acting on behalf of the Controller in the organisation of the Contest, conducting future recruitment processes by CentralNic Poland and processing the image of the Participant, in particular: marketing service providers, professional companies supporting the recruitment process, accounting companies, tax advisors, suppliers of information systems and IT services and providers of legal services.
- Personal data of Participants may be transferred to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) based on a decision of the European Commission, stating that a third country may be considered as providing an adequate level of data protection or based on Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission (EU Commission Decision on standard contractual clauses for the transfer of Personal Data to processors established in third countries under Directive 95/46/EC).
- Personal data of Participants will be processed for the duration of the Contest and time to file a complaint according to Section 7. The processing period may each time be extended by a limitation of claims period if the processing of personal data is necessary for the Controller to pursue any claims or defend against such claims. After such a period, data will be processed only to the extent and for the time required by regulations, including but not limited to accounting and tax regulations.
- The Participants’ consent to the processing of their personal data in future recruitment processes and their image (photo, video, voice), including on the website codewise.com, and on Organizer’s social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, is voluntary and it is not necessary to enter the Contest. The Participants’ personal data for future recruitment processes and their image will be kept for a period of 3 (three) years from the date of the Participant's consent.
- Participant has the right to:
- confirm whether his personal data is processed and the right to obtain access to it,
- obtain copies of processed personal data,
- rectify inaccurate personal data and the right to have incomplete personal data completed,
- erase personal data - "right to be forgotten",
- have the processing of personal data restricted,
- personal data portability,
- object to the processing of personal data.
- the right to withdraw consent - the withdrawal of consent does not affect the compliance of the processing which was made on its basis before the withdrawal of consent.
- The Participant may exercise the abovementioned rights by contacting the Controller’s Data Protection Officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Participant has also the right to submit a complaint to the competent supervisory authority at any time in the event of a breach of rights regarding the processing of personal data.
- Provision of data is voluntary, but it is required in order to take part in the Contest, including to receive a Prize, if any.
- Complaints regarding the Contest should be sent to the Organizer's address: CentralNic Poland sp. z o.o., with a registered office at ul. Lubicz 17G, 31-503 Kraków, Poland.
- Complaints shall be submitted only in writing, together with a description of the complaint, its detailed justification and the email address of the Participant.
- Complaints regarding the course of the Contest should be submitted no later than 7 days from the date on which the complaint is based.
- Complaints related to the Contest will be resolved by the Contest Commission as indicated in Section 8 point 1.
- The deadline for considering the complaint is 30 days from the date of receipt of the complaint by the Organizer.
- The person submitting the complaint will be notified of the method of handling the complaint by email sent to the address provided in the complaint. The Participant has the right to pursue claims in court.
- The correctness of the Contest will be supervised by the Contest Commission composed of the CentralNic Poland employees: Kamila Łuksza, Aleksandra Kurtyka, Ewa Pachowicz Fornes.
- Additional information about the Contest is provided by the Organizer at the email address: email@example.com.
- The Organizer reserves the right to exclude from participation in the Contest the Applications that are incomplete or inconsistent with these Terms & Conditions.
- The Organizer reserves the right to decide to exclude the Participant from participation in the Contest in the event of breach by the Participant of applicable law, the provisions of these Terms & Conditions or good manners as well as those Participants who were otherwise illegally attempting to influence the course or outcome of the Contest. The Organizer is entitled to deprive the Participant of the title or Prize obtained in the Contest, in the event of the Participant's conduct that violates decency or jeopardizes the good name, image, reputation or interests of other entities, including CentralNic Poland. In special situations, the Organizer reserves the right to terminate the Contest.
- In the cases referred to in Section 8 point 4 above, the Participant loses the right to receive the Prize.
- Polish law is applicable to these Terms & Conditions.
- Any disputes related to the course of the Contest, which the parties cannot resolve amicably, shall be brought and maintained exclusively in the court in Kraków competent for CentralNic Poland’s registered office.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the Terms & Conditions during the Contest. The changes come into force on the day on which the new version of the Terms & Conditions is published on the website: https://codewise.com/geecon2022-contest-terms-and-conditions
- Terms & Conditions shall enter into force on 11.05.2022.
See job offers